Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Miss Teen USA is here...

What's wrong with me?!! I haven't blogged in forever!!!
Don't worry I haven't forgotten I've just been so busy.... I don't even know where to start.

My last post told you how I'd update you on prom and SATs and what not. Well the results are in...
First off, my prom. Wasn't as dreamy as they depict it in the movies let me tell you. My prom was small, my date didn't want to dance, and my hair was very flat. (Every pageant girl's nightmare!!!) I'd rate this night a D... - .... But at the end of the night my dress was cute and I had a good sleepover with my friends so whatever.. we'll say it was FABULOUS.

Luckily I was fortunate enough to attend another prom which was 20 million times better. :D Actually, infinitively better. I wore my favorite Sherri Hill dress, was in a lit up limo, the food was fantastic, the location was on the water and I had a great time with my date. This prom was an A++ and it was perfect!  

Now to the dreaded SATs... I'll just say now that they actually weren't that bad.. (Besides the fact I hate sitting still for more than an hour straight and was very hungry.)

Average is supposedly a 1500 and all I will say is that I got a higher score than that!! Which must mean I'm above average (which I would hope I would be after these years pushing myself in my honors and AP classes) so that's good!!!.. However like most teenagers I am taking them a second time which means more hunger and boredom... not so good.

Now SOOOO much to catch up on!! Appearances haven't been so busy but big events like Miss USA and Miss Teen USA prep are taking over my time these days.

Miss USA was amazing I feel so blessed to have sat in the room that I have watched for so many years on TV. The teens did some fun activities in Vegas (My favorite.. The Sugar Factory!!) and we basically sat up front for the show!! Being in that room while Olivia Culpo was crowned the new Miss USA 2012 was incredible!! (Hope we get to be sister queens!) ;)

Now I've been busy myself preparing for Miss Teen USA!!! I leave in 5 days.... AHHHH!!!!
Gown... check. (I saw my design for the first time in person last week, thanks to MacDuggal and the Crowning Touch for bringing it to life!!)
Hair... check. (My hair is healthy and sunkissed for the Bahamas thanks to Neil Gannon & Persona Salon on Newbury Street. They are the best!!)
Swimsuit bod... still in the process. ;) You'll see it live! (Thanks Katie Boyd for whipping me in shape!!)
Opening number... check. (Received it in the mail the other week. Shout out to Sherri Hill for the beautiful classic design!)

Okay I'm out of things to think about so this will do!! Hahaha

No matter what it's still unbelievable that I'm competing in less than a week and it doesn't feel real that something I've reached for for so long is in the process. In 10 days I will have finished the preliminary competition for Miss Teen USA. In 11 days there will be a new Miss Teen USA. Every event, and appearance, and meeting, and sponsor, and work, and prep, and essentials for this one week. I can't express enough my gratitude for everything my sponsors, family and friends have done for me. At the end of the pageant I will be sure of one thing whether I win or lose. God has a plan for me. And this year has been a whirlwind that brings tears of joy to my eyes every time I think of it. (Sounds corny but true) Hopefully after my hard work this title is God's plan for me. If not something else is on its way. I would be honored to be the new Miss Teen USA 2012 and would work so hard as a titleholder. If not, I'm still so so so proud to be your 2012 Miss Massachusetts Teen USA<3

Don't forget to vote for me at missteenusa.com to be a semifinalist!! Also keep up with me and more @RealMissMATeen (twitter) and on my Facebook. The prep continues..  until after the pageant... xoxoxo

Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment